Over 300 guests and alumni gathered at the biannual Xavier High School Hall of Fame Dinner at Pier Sixty in New York City which recognized 11 members of the Xavier community who have lived lives of service by giving back to their community, church, and nation.
The 11 honorees came from various walks of life and while not all were alumni, all were leaders rooted in Ignatian ideals. “We honor tonight eleven men…for giving life to the mission of Xavier,” said Jack Raslowsky, president of Xavier High School, during the dinner. “It is a class of honorees linked together by leadership. In many ways, they are builders – builders of a better world.”
The 11 inductees from the dinner were:
- E. Peter Corcoran ’46
- Brigadier General Ruben A. Cubero, USAF (Ret.) ’57
- Fr. D. Michael Flynn, SJ +
- Fr. Daniel J. Gatti, SJ ’59
- Hon. Thomas N. Lyons ’67 +
- Lieutenant General Dennis P. McAuliffe, USA (Ret.) ’41+
- Fr. Joseph McKenna, S.J. ’35 +
- Staff Sergeant Michael Rand, USA +
- Richard J. O’Reilly, M.D. ’60
- Patrick T. Stokes ’60
- Michael Wlach ’71
Click here to read more about the dinner and the work of Xavier High School.
+ denotes that they were honored posthumously