Today marks the one-year anniversary of the first blog post of In Our Company, which features news about the Jesuits of the New England and New York Provinces. Over the past year the blog has been viewed over 42,000 times by people around the world.
We could not have reached this successful milestone without your help.
To commemorate this day we have handpicked some of our most popular stories from the past year.
1. Jesuit Superior General Concludes two-week U.S. Visit
- In October 2013 Father Adolfo Nicolás, the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, visited his brother Jesuits in Boston, New York, St. Louis and Chicago. While here, he spoke with Jesuits in formation, met and prayed with infirm Jesuits in the provinces’ health centers, and received the final vows of a brother Jesuit. Click here to read the full post.
2. Jesuit Father General Appoints Next Provincial of the New York Province of the Society of Jesus
- In December 2013 it was announced that the next provincial of the New York Province would be Fr. John Cecero, SJ. Fr. Cecero began his leadership role on July 31, 2014. As part of the ongoing national realignment of Jesuit provinces, Fr. Cecero will become the provincial of the new province that will form when the New York and New England Provinces unite, currently scheduled for 2015. Click here to read the full post.
3. Fr. Harrington Receives Heartfelt Tributes
- On November 21, 2013, family members, friends, colleagues, and students gathered to celebrate the life of noted theologian Fr. Daniel Harrington, SJ. Fr. Harrington was diagnosed with a serious case of prostate cancer and decided that the 2013-2014 school year would be his last. Fr. Harrington lost his battle with cancer on February 7, 2014. Click here to read the full post.
4. Taking Flight: Visiting the Jesuit Works of Micronesia
- Last February, Fr. David Ciancimino, SJ, then provincial of the New York Province, traveled to the Jesuit works in Micronesia along with Fr. Edward Quinnan, SJ, his assistant for pastoral ministry. While there, they were able to visit Jesuits, volunteers, students and parishioners at apostolates on the islands of Pohnpei, Chuuk, Guam, Yap and Palau. Click here to read the full post.
5. Boston College is “Happy”
- In early 2013 an Internet trend started with schools producing music videos for Pharrell Williams’ Oscar-nominated song Happy. The Boston College version featured 140 students, faculty, staff and alumni, along with four Jesuits: Fathers Michael Davidson, Jeremy Clarke, William Neenan and Donald Monan. Click here to read the full post and view the video.