On Thursday, March 6 from 6 – 9 p.m. the Centro Altagracia de Fe y Justicia will recognize women leaders from Washington Heights and Inwood for the 4th annual International Women’s Day. This is not only a way to honor these women but also a way to help support the Centro.
Located in Washington Heights, the Centro Altagracia was established in 2005 by the New York Province Society of Jesus. Their mission is to put faith into action and promote social justice in collaboration with local parishes, community based organizations, elected officials and the people of the community.
This year’s honorees are:
- Hon. Denise Dominguez New York Civil Court
- Angela Fernandez Northern Manhattan Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Leticia Fundora Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School
- Sandra Garcia-Betancourt Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance
- Elsa Mejia La Reina del Chicharrón
- Dr. Janny Ozuna-Mendez Internal Medicine
- Det. Haydee Pabey New York Police Department
- Monica Tavares Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Seny Taveras Office of Councilmember Rodriguez
Tickets are available for $30. Click here for more information. Click the video below to view highlights from last year’s Women’s day